Saturday 11 July 2015

She wanted to be a boy growing up Ruby Rose



AUSTRALIAN actor, DJ and model Ruby Rose says that throughout her childhood she desperately wanted to transition gender even saving up money in a jar for future surgery.
Rose, who is currently riding high with a starring role in Orange is the New Black, said she was five when she watched a segment on Oprah about transitioning that made her decide she wanted to be a boy.
“I had this jar that I would collect dollars, in fact it was probably cents, so I had like 19 cents to go towards this surgery that I didn’t really know a lot about,” she toldAccess Hollywood.

Gender-bending ... Rose in an episode of Orange is the New Black. Picture: Supplied
Gender-bending ... Rose in an episode of Orange is the New Black. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

She said she saved money from five to aged 15 at which point she changed her mind.
“I started to change the way that I dressed and talked and I realised that I didn’t want to transition and I just wanted to be more comfortable in my own skin.”
Rose, 29, has spoken in the past about the terrible bullying she suffered growing up. The Melbourne native, who came out aged 12, was hospitalised after classmates smashed a chair over her head.


Childhood dreams ... Rose at the age of four. Picture: Twitter
Childhood dreams ... Rose at the age of four. Picture: Twitter Source: Twitter

Last July she released a short film revealing that she doesn’t identify as female or male, describing herself, along with stars like Miley Cyrus, as gender fluid.
“I am very gender fluid and feel more like I wake up every day sort of gender neutral,” she said.
Helping Rose with the project was her fiance Phoebe Dahl, a fashion designer and granddaughter of acclaimed children’s author Roald Dahl.
As well as her Orange is the New Black role she announced this week she is set for a part in the new series of Dark Matter.



Multi-talented ... Rose DJ's at Pacha's Independence Day bash on July 4 in New York. Pict
Multi-talented ... Rose DJ's at Pacha's Independence Day bash on July 4 in New York. Picture: Noam Galai/Getty ImagesSource: Getty Images

No comments:
Write 10